1. ASSENT TO AGREEMENT
1.1. BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, ACKNOWLEDGE, AND ASSENT TO BE BOUND BY THE POLICIES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW IN THEIR ENTIRETY WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS SITE OR DOWNLOAD MATERIALS FROM THIS SITE.
2. SITE LIMITED LICENCE AND USE OF SITE
2.2. The information contained on this Site is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Although Provider makes every effort to ensure that the information provided on this Site is accurate, complete, and up to date, Provider does not provide any warranty, express or implied, of the accuracy or completeness of any of the information provided. Provider shall not be liable in any manner or to any extent for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising out of the use of the Site.
3. LIMITATIONS ON USE
3.1. The Content on this Site is for your personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. Notwithstanding the foregoing and to the extent this Site provides electronic commerce, such buying opportunities may be made available for group as well as personal purchasing, so long as you are authorized to make purchases on behalf of such group. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sub-licence, or create derivative works from this Site or the Content. Nor may you use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Site or the Content without Provider’s prior written permission. You may not use this Site to transmit any false, misleading, fraudulent or illegal communications. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial purposes all or any portion of this Site, except to the extent permitted above. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export this Site or any portion thereof, or the Content in violation of the export control laws and regulations of Canada. Any unauthorized use of this Site or its Content is prohibited.
3.2. Content is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed, nor is anything submitted to this Site treated as confidential. The accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the Content is not warranted or guaranteed. Your use of Content on this Site or materials linked from this Site is at your own risk.
4. LINKED SITES AND THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS
4.1. Any links provided on this Site to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. The operation and content of such third party websites is beyond the Provider’s control. Provider does not endorse in any manner whatsoever or accept any responsibility for the content or other material that may be contained on such websites, the use of such websites, or any products or services advertised on or sold through any such website.
4.2. Provider disclaims all liability for any Third Party Communications you may receive or any actions you may take or refrain from taking as a result of any Third Party Communications. You are solely responsible for assessing and verifying the identity and trustworthiness of the source and content of any Third Party Communications. Provider assumes no responsibility for verifying, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, the identity or trustworthiness of the source or content of any Third Party Communications. As used herein, “Third Party Communications” means any communications directed to you from any third party directly or indirectly in connection with this Site.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
5.2. You grant to Provider an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide licence to any material you submit to the Provider, including any postings to the Site. Said licence is without restrictions of any kind and without any payment due from Provider to you or permission or notification, to you or any third party. The licence includes, the right to make available, use, sell, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works from, combine with other works, translate, distribute, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, perform and sublicence any submissions or postings in any form, medium, or technology now known or hereafter developed.
6.1. In addition to our Posting Guidelines, the following additional terms apply in the event that this Site allows you to make a post on the Site:
- (a) You shall not post, publish, upload or distribute any postings which are unlawful or abusive in any way, including, but not limited to, any postings that are defamatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inclusive of hate speech, or would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or give rise to liability or violate any local, provincial, federal or international law, either intentionally or unintentionally. Provider may delete your postings at any time for any reason without permission from you.
- (b) Your postings shall be accompanied by your real name and shall not be posted anonymously. Persons or entities shall not misrepresent their identity or their affiliation with any person or entity.
- (c) Provider has no obligation to monitor or screen postings and is not responsible for the content in such postings or any content linked to or from such postings. Provider however reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to monitor any postings, screen postings, edit postings, cause postings not to be posted, published, uploaded or distributed, and remove postings, at any time and for any reason or no reason.
7. ADVERTISERS. This site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this site is accurate and complies with any applicable laws. Provider will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials or for the acts or omissions of advertisers and sponsors.
8. REGISTRATION. Certain sections of this Site require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform provider of any changes to that information. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify provider immediately by emailing email@example.com.
10. DISCLAIMER. THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND ANY POSTINGS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. PROVIDER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND ANY POSTINGS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS, (C) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (D) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, ANY POSTINGS, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (E) YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, OR ANY POSTINGS, OR (F) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, OR ANY POSTINGS.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, ANY POSTINGS OR ANY THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS. PROVIDER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LEGAL FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, ANY POSTINGS, OR ANY THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, PROVIDER’S SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00.
13. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. The provisions of paragraphs 10 (Disclaimer), 11 (Limitation of Liability), and 12 (Indemnification) are for the benefit of Provider and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to this Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
18. ADDITIONAL TERMS
19. CONTACT. If you have any questions about the practices of this Site or Law and Style Media Inc., please contact us by mail at Law and Style Media Inc., Toronto, ON, M5A 4J5 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.